3RD PATIENT CENTRICITY & COLLABORATION WORLD CONGRESS 2022 AMERICAS
Understanding the Patient Journey, Enabling a more Patient-Centric Approach
Washington, VA, USA | 1st - 2nd September 2022
Paradigm Global Events is very pleased to welcome you to our upcoming Patient Centricity and Collaboration World Congress 2022 Americas.
The two-day Congress aims to build meaningful collaborations within the industry, advocacy groups, clinicians, researchers, and most importantly, patients and their caregivers. Gain practical strategies and best practices on challenges, innovations, technologies, and concepts in achieving this goal.
The congress focuses on “Understanding the Patient Journey, enabling a more Patient-Centric Approach“.
Patient-centricity is a vital aspect in the research and development of biopharmaceutical products, disease management, designing a treatment, clinical trial, or other health solutions. In order to create a patient-centric solution, one must truly embrace a collaborative endeavor with the patient and their caregivers. Establishing a patient-centric solution involves getting feedback from real patients and their loved ones, and making decisions based on their medical conditions, experiences, needs, perspectives, and priorities.
In the current climate where the patients are increasingly becoming more empowered, life sciences and pharmaceutical companies should confront the status quo and welcome the opportunities to embrace a wide range of patient-centered perspectives presented by an emerging ecosystem.
While the technology-driven world poses challenges, it also holds opportunities to build a positive patient experience by coordinating the health ecosystem to centre on the patient. Reevaluating how it develops and delivers drugs to improve experiences and outcomes and also to continuously adapt and transform to meet the evolving needs of patients.
The industry has come a long way with utilizing a patient-centered approach. The concept has gone from a buzzword to a potential trend, to a perceivable goal.
Whilst the industry has advanced in recent years, the evolving healthcare model and ecosystem brought forward by advances in technology and more involved, empowered patients, means true patient centricity is a continuing quest and a compelling commitment.
We look forward to meeting you at the Congress!
Paradigm Global Events
GAIN LATEST INSIGHTS ON:
- What does patient centricity mean for thepharmaceutical and life science industry?
- Why does the industry need to be a part of thepatient-centric movement?
- Patient-centric initiatives that have atremendous impact
- Successful strategies and best practices tosuccessfully manage patient-centricity inhealthcare
- How to develop and execute a strategy toimprove patient engagement?
- Benefits of patient engagement in drugdevelopment and discovery process
- Evolving challenges and key considerations inthe ethical and compliant use of relevant data
- The potential value of providing access to relevant data to all stakeholders
- How to maintain mutually beneficial ongoing partnerships between the patients and industry?
- Overcoming myriad challenges to make the clinical trial and drug development processmore patient-centred or patient-focused
Setting the pace and expectations thru collaborations
- Role of researchers in bridging the communication gap between life science industry and the patient it serves
- How to achieve a deeper understanding of thepatient experience in the real world.
- Practical ways in putting the patient at thecentre of a powerful brand
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
This Congress is beneficial to patients,pharmaceutical, biotech companies, researchers,physicians, patient advocacy groups, regulatoryagencies, technology and healthcare companies.
Network with Presidents, Heads/Chiefs, VPs,Directors, and Managers in the area of:
- Patient Engagement
- Patient Services
- Engagement Strategy
- R&D Patient Engagement
- Medical Affairs
- Regulatory Affairs and Policy
- Patient Support
- RWE, and Data
- Quality and Compliance
- Clinical Development
- Programme Management
- Supply Chain Management
- Patient Access
- Clinical Research
- Digital Accelerator
- Patient Engagement & Portfolio Strategy
- Patient Support Strategy & Insights
- Patient Experience
- Global Patient Advocacy & Alliances
- Government Policy and Advocacy
- Digital Patient
- Experience Lead
- Clinical Operations
- Clinical Insights and Experience
- Head of Strategy, Access Services
- Vice President, Site Collaborations and PatientCentricity
- Head of Neuroscience
- And much more…
TRENDS & STRATEGIES IN INTEGRATING PATIENT VOICE
- The value of engaging and communicating with the patient in every part of the clinical research process
- Examining the right approach for patient and industry to positively impact healthcare costs and patient outcomes
through patient engagement
- How can patient expertise create significant value to the industry?
- What are the best practices and strategies to guarantee that patient centricity is at the forefront of pharma?
Kalahn Taylor-Clark, PhD, MPH, Vice President and Head of Strategic Partnerships and Innovation, Myovant Sciences
- Doctors should empower patients during the diagnosis
- The power of a patient-centric diagnosis
- Empowered patients are active participants in their healthcare
- Empowered patients drive innovation that helps them and future patients
Khrystal K Davis, JD, Founding President, Texas Rare Alliance
Alan J. Balch, PhD.,CEO, National Patient Advocate Foundation
- Can digital tools and technologies drive a significant increase in patient satisfaction?
- Improving patient engagement and outcomes through technology
- What are the benefits of the digital health ecosystem to patient carers and the healthcare systems?
Senior Representative, Open Health
- Patient Centricity requires new mindsets, relationships – and structures, company-wide.
- No stage of development, from discovery through delivery, gets a pass.
- No company function continues as before.
- Company culture changes, too.
- This isn’t easy but the results are worth the journey: to improve outcomes for patients and business performance alike.
- If Patient Centricity is a fad, then it’s a failure. It should be the new way of doing business.
Anthony Yanni, MD, Senior Vice President and Head of Patient Centricity, Astellas Pharma
- Gain insights on how they view a successful patient-centred collaboration
Understanding what the patient is looking for and what is important
Discuss opportunities for enhanced collaboration in the future
Valuable feedback and strategies on how to improve collaboration that makes a real-world difference
Cheya Pope, Vice President of Corporate Affairs & Patient Advocacy, Epizyme
TOPIC FOCUSED STREAMS
PARTNERSHIPS & COLLABORATIONS
- Harnessing the power of multi-stakeholder collaboration tomake a scientifically informed recommendation
- Lessons learned that could benefit the patients
- Proposed interventions in helping patients to engage
- Finding common shared ground between groups and buildtailored programs within lifecycle activities
- How can the foundational elements of patient-centred carebe embedded in the care culture
- Effectively setting a common goal to set expectations onboth sides
- Why evaluate partnerships?
- Evaluation steps
- What to evaluate? Possible metrics
- What methods can be used?
Putting it into practice
- Have patient “Advisors” on a panel for clinical trials.
- Have a patient advocate/liaison collaborating.
- Patient Surveys
Ambre L. Minty, Founder, Living With Dys
- Education of the process of clinical trials
- Listen to the Patient needs and help them to understandwhat the focus of the trial is.
- Understanding Pharmaceutical costs of trials and research
- Dealing with an illness with multiple organ involvement.
- Rare Disease
Frank Rivera, President, Stronger Than Sarcoidosis
- Understand one patient’s healthcare journey.
- Gain insights into how patients work best with industry.
- Understand what the patient is looking for and why it’simportant.
- Discuss best practices for enhanced collaboration in thefuture.
Lisa Deck, Board Member, Moyamoya Foundation & RareNew England
RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT
- Integration of the patient perspective into the developmentprocess
- Patient-based evidence that improves the alignment of development activities with the needs of patients
- Collecting, utilising results and collaborating withstakeholders to improve patient experience
- Importance of successful engagement with patients duringCOVID-19
- Lessons learned on improving access and experiences inclinical research
- Explore “Return on Engagement” work done to measureand evaluate the value proposition of Patient-Centricactivities in clinical research
- Reviewing major regulatory developments in support ofpatient-centred Research.
- Gain insights from global surveys on patient and publicclinical research perceptions and experiences and COVID-19 impacts
- Review concrete examples of industry Patient-Centricinitiatives and projects
Behtash Bahador, Associate Director, CISCRP
- Key opportunities and challenges when working virtually
- Top tips for effective virtual patient and public involvement
- The future: the value of continuing working virtually
- Review existing regulatory and ethical tenets of researchand how they must be incorporated into standardpractices when implementing decentralization.
- Educating and empowering the trilogy of research –sponsors, ethical review boards and the research site tofulfil the mission of decentralization.
- Explore and partner with existing health care solutions toenable established programs to implement the standardsof research.
- Collaborate with shareholders to provide innovative DCTstrategies to all research sites.
Networking Drinks Reception - Exhibit Area
CHALLENGES & POTENTIALS OF PATIENT ENGAGEMENT
- Why diversity and inclusion in clinical trials are crucial?
- Understanding critical barriers to minority and underserved patient communities participation in clinical trials
- Actionable ways to improve diversity in clinical trials
- What can the industry do to promote more diversity in the future?
- Latest guidelines that make healthcare more inclusive
Tricia Mullins, Global Head, Patient Advocacy, Atara Biotherapeutics
- What do we really know about patient safety, both as an industry and an individual and what are the challenges weface?
- How can technology play a role in ensuring patient safety, compliance and pharmacovigilance?
- How we can leverage individual and collective data to ensure proper care and Quality of life while reducing damage,saving time and money.
Christine Von Raesfeld, Founder & CEO, People with Empathy
Kristof Vanfraechem, Founder & CEO, Data For Patients
Carolina Consuegra, Co-Founder, Marketing & Strategy Director, Science2People
- Incorporating robust and meaningful patient engagement for a more informed decision-making
- Strategies and best practices in facilitating patient recruitment and retention in clinical trials
- Enhance understanding and use appropriate methods to capture patient understanding of the benefits and riskoutcomes
- How to best communicate patient information to support decision-making
- Recognising key areas to ensure patients’ experiences, perspectives, needs, and priorities are captured and meaningfullyincorporated into drug development and evaluation.
- Patient’s input to improve quality, relevance, safety and efficacy of drug development
- Challenges and opportunities for patient-centric product design
- The role of respective stakeholders and the way they interact, from the early steps of drug development to access inreal life?
- The importance of data democratization
- Common challenges in clinical data review that hinders clinical trials
- Strategies in overcoming these challenges
- How to seamlessly integrate data from a variety of sources?
- How to improve safety review efficiencies and reduce the timeline to critical studies?
- What it takes to get it right and how to avoid common pitfalls
- Key priorities and opportunities for advocacy during COVID-19 and beyond
- New ways of thinking to ensure the industry remains a credible and valuable partner now and in the future
- Better collaboration between industry and patient organisations leads to improvements in patient care
14:15- 14:45, 14:50 - 15:20 - ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS - divided between 2 sessions of 30 mins. (5 mins. to change table)- Attendees have 2 round table options to attend
- Learn how medical PTSD impacts patients ranging from newly diagnosed to long-term care
- Understand the category of ways medical PTSD can develop
- Discover opportunities for patients and providers to collaborate to alleviate symptoms of medical PTSD
Emily Parks, Founder, POP! Pissed Off Patients
- Putting the patient first achieves the best experience and outcome for that person and their family
- Improve communication from staff shift-changes in a hospital to getting the patient discharged faster
- Setting expectations soon
- Updating goals and outcomes; timely
Barby Ingle, President, International Pain Foundation
- COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for patient-centricity, understanding the drivers for innovation in pharma
- Partnering with patients and placing patient well-being at the core of all initiatives
- Shifting towards disease-oriented to patient-centric
- Innovative approaches for direct-to-patient assume significant importance for driving patient-centricity
- Technologies that enhance the patient-centricity in pharma