3RD PATIENT CENTRICITY & COLLABORATION WORLD CONGRESS 2022 AMERICAS
Understanding the Patient Journey, Enabling a more Patient-Centric Approach
Washington, VA, USA | 1st - 2nd September 2022
Day 2 - Friday 2nd September 2022
CHALLENGES & POTENTIALS OF PATIENT ENGAGEMENT
- Why diversity and inclusion in clinical trials are crucial?
- Understanding critical barriers to minority and underserved patient communities participation in clinical trials
- Actionable ways to improve diversity in clinical trials
- What can the industry do to promote more diversity in the future?
- Latest guidelines that make healthcare more inclusive
Tricia Mullins, Global Head, Patient Advocacy, Atara Biotherapeutics
- What do we really know about patient safety, both as an industry and an individual and what are the challenges weface?
- How can technology play a role in ensuring patient safety, compliance and pharmacovigilance?
- How we can leverage individual and collective data to ensure proper care and Quality of life while reducing damage,saving time and money.
Christine Von Raesfeld, Founder & CEO, People with Empathy
Kristof Vanfraechem, Founder & CEO, Data For Patients
Carolina Consuegra, Co-Founder, Marketing & Strategy Director, Science2People
- Incorporating robust and meaningful patient engagement for a more informed decision-making
- Strategies and best practices in facilitating patient recruitment and retention in clinical trials
- Enhance understanding and use appropriate methods to capture patient understanding of the benefits and riskoutcomes
- How to best communicate patient information to support decision-making
- Recognising key areas to ensure patients’ experiences, perspectives, needs, and priorities are captured and meaningfullyincorporated into drug development and evaluation.
- Patient’s input to improve quality, relevance, safety and efficacy of drug development
- Challenges and opportunities for patient-centric product design
- The role of respective stakeholders and the way they interact, from the early steps of drug development to access inreal life?
- The importance of data democratization
- Common challenges in clinical data review that hinders clinical trials
- Strategies in overcoming these challenges
- How to seamlessly integrate data from a variety of sources?
- How to improve safety review efficiencies and reduce the timeline to critical studies?
- What it takes to get it right and how to avoid common pitfalls
- Key priorities and opportunities for advocacy during COVID-19 and beyond
- New ways of thinking to ensure the industry remains a credible and valuable partner now and in the future
- Better collaboration between industry and patient organisations leads to improvements in patient care
14:15- 14:45, 14:50 - 15:20 - ROUND TABLE DISCUSSIONS - divided between 2 sessions of 30 mins. (5 mins. to change table)- Attendees have 2 round table options to attend
- Learn how medical PTSD impacts patients ranging from newly diagnosed to long-term care
- Understand the category of ways medical PTSD can develop
- Discover opportunities for patients and providers to collaborate to alleviate symptoms of medical PTSD
Emily Parks, Founder, POP! Pissed Off Patients
- Putting the patient first achieves the best experience and outcome for that person and their family
- Improve communication from staff shift-changes in a hospital to getting the patient discharged faster
- Setting expectations soon
- Updating goals and outcomes; timely
Barby Ingle, President, International Pain Foundation
- COVID-19 pandemic has highlighted the need for patient-centricity, understanding the drivers for innovation in pharma
- Partnering with patients and placing patient well-being at the core of all initiatives
- Shifting towards disease-oriented to patient-centric
- Innovative approaches for direct-to-patient assume significant importance for driving patient-centricity
- Technologies that enhance the patient-centricity in pharma